16 August 2008

Five Little Letters That Are So Easily Lost...Trust

Following up to my "time" post.
Trust.
Why is it so hard to trust anyone these days?
When one is a child trust is easy...you trust that there is a tooth fairy, a santa claus and flying reindeer.
You trust your parents to tell you the truth.
You trust there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow...
So when the harsh realization hits and you learn the truth is subjective.
When the truth can be brutal..
And you might not be up for that battle.
And "Nothing but The Truth" apparently is also subjective.
Some have found ways around the truth by simple omition..after all what they don't know can't hurt them. But in the end it usually does hurt.
I am the first to admit I have huge issues with trust.
It takes me a long time to trust anyone..just ask my dearest Scribe whom I've known almost forever..and he still doesn't know EVERYTHING...
And the sad thing is? I don't know why I've lost so much faith in people.
So...trust...how does one gain it back...when the one you trusted the most breaks your heart?

4 comments:

scribe said...

I used to live by the "trust no one" axiom made popular y the X-Files, but like the creator of Babylon-Five said, if you trust no one, you've lost the fihgt before it even started.

DaBich said...

Wisest thing I've seen from Scribe in a long time.
Hope you're feeling a bit better, K. I've been thinking of you. HUGZ!

Anonymous said...

How are your babies??? Just checking in!

K~ said...

My Dearest Scribe, I still have huge trust issues you know all to well being my "brother" and all...but someday I think my faith in people will be restored...at least I have to be optomistic.

Darlin Pengs~ That's becamse My Dearest Scribe is incredibly wise :D

Bluez~ The Kittans are doing better...Baby Sherlock just had a birthday today in fact :D