By popular whine...er demand...I will finally take the time to write this story.
Most who know me ...know I have a pretty good case of insomnia. I had it under control until studying for the CMA exam...now I just don't sleep until I'm tired...8 hours a night? That's a myth right????
Ok...moving on.
So I have a usual routine at night. I usually drive to a gas station that is 24 hours...to get some drinks. I'm there almost every night to the point where I'm pretty good friends with the guy who works the night shift.
During the week I've been harassed by various police officers standing within the station. They 'attempt' to make small talk with you...while doing the basic interrogation...luckily my friend who works there kept telling them to "leave her alone."
One night while driving one of my friends called so was talking to him when I pulled into the driveway. I took the first available spot and was finishing my conversation...when out of the corner of my eye I see a glock. Not one...but two branded by some guys piling out of a white panel van. Saying to my friend on the phone CRAP...(by the way this friend on the phone is a police officer who was immediately worried) Seeing the guns I threw the car into reverse and got the hell out of dodge. I went as far as across the street to flip the car around and see just what I'm seeing.
Worried for the guy that's there I'm thinking I will be high tailing it to the police station---or going back to help him out -being a medic and all.
In watching I see 4 guys with glocks surrounding this little car.
Just as I'm about to dial 911...I see a faint Police bullet proof vest....soon after I see a visible police car pulled up lights flashing behind them.
Noticing which City it is...I still drive to the police station...they didn't have jurisdiction there...
The next night, I went back to my usual routine to talk to the guy I'm friends with. He was glad that someone was going to look out for him. He did find out it was as drug bust that went bad and the gas station was caught in the middle.
So that is the story....I didn't get shot...but was too close for comfort this time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I promise that when this is turned into a short story for my book the protaganist will be male and other vital facts will be altered...there, you have it in writing.
And...I have many other stories you could re-invent too...
How much time ya got LOL'n
Post a Comment