It seems like forever since I've graced the halls of my blog...but I have been VERY busy...
Going to give an insight to the last couple of weeks...even my Dearest Scribe hasn't been able to see me until recently. So to begin...
Halloween--what great weather we had for Halloween. It was the mid 60's very unusual for October.
Creature creating was fun...which caused for lack of trick or treaters...to scared to come to my door LOL'n.

-----------------------------------------------------------
November 4th 2008!
Next We have the landmark day of November 4th 2008---a day of change, hope and any other word to describe a miracle. I decided this year to work as an election poll worker. Where I was at people were lined up an hour before we got there...and by the time we opened the lines were out into the street. That wasn't the shocking part. The shocking part was the "challengers" that were there...we had 4 of which were right behind me. They represented the Repubs, The Dems, The Lawyers Assoc, The ACLU, and to my amazement...no provisional ballots, no challenges, nothing. Just 1302 voters...happily voting.I was moved by some of the first time voters who took time to talk to me about why they were voting. Our polling center would cheer all 1st time voters--I kept commenting I didn't think I'd do my Red Wings cheer anywhere but at a Wings game. But we did and we cheered a lot that day. In Michigan I'm glad all the proposals passed. I was FOR expanding stem cell research--the mere thought that we can abolish sickle cell anemia is enough for me. But enough on that thought. Just was a long long night.



2 comments:
see what happens when you gotta play catch-up?
Especially with you eh?
Post a Comment